The Holy Spirit and the Church
1. The Epistle of the Church is also the Epistle of the Holy Spirit.
2. An aura of mystery surrounds the Holy Spirit in our thinking of him.
3. What the Holy Spirit does is too crucial to our hope for us to not think of him.
4. The Holy Spirit is a Person of the Deity.
a. Eph. 4:4-6
b. Eph. 1:11-13
5. The Holy Spirit is at work for the same eternal purpose as the Father and the Son.
a. Eph. 1:14
b. Eph. 2:22
6. The Holy Spirit has a revealing, strengthening, reassuring ministry.
a. Eph. 3:5
b. Eph. 3:16
c. Eph. 6:17
7. The Holy Spirit is the unifying power in the church.
a. Eph. 2:18-19
b. Eph. 4:2-3
8. The presence of the Holy Spirit defines the morality and spirituality of the church.
a. Eph. 4:30
b. Eph. 5:18
c. Eph. 6:18
9. The ministry of the Holy Spirit is a spiritual blessing we have been given in Christ through the riches of Godís grace.
10. As with every promise of God, the promised Holy Spirit is to be received through the obedience of faith.